• Subscribe to A Muslim In Oz Blog
  • Tuesday, October 10, 2006

    I love this country, it is my home and it is home for my family.

    I love it because it is a beautiful place to live, it is a great place to work plus it is home to the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs.

    Now I see myself and my family as your ordinary run of the mill Aussies, but for some reason we are expected to justify our loyalty to this country or why we live here.

    Nobody has the right to proclaim themselves a better Australian than us just because of the colour of their skin or their religon, and that brings me to the demonisation of Muslims in this country.

    We've had some stupid comments from some stupid polticians looking to score political points, we've had beatups from Newspapers and Television shows looking to generate more ratings, and we've had the usual shock jocks preaching to us about how Muslims don't fit in.

    In this country most Muslim voices are ignored, instead the media tends to focus its attention towards the people and self-appointed leaders who will give them a great headline.

    Fact of the matter is that there hundreds of Mosques in Australia and hundreds of Imams, yet we only see 2 or 3 different ones in our media- and you guessed it they are the ones making the controversial comments.

    So why does the media do it? Simple- it sells newspapers and generates ratings, I mean what better tool than fear of the unknown.

    I'm not just playing the victim here, far from it, but next time a person with a Muslim name does something wrong I want you to count how many times the word Muslim is used to describe that person and then when a person with a Christian name does something wrong count how many times the word Christian is used.

    Truth be told, us Muslims aren't really that exciting our lives are quite mundane- work, family, and home.

    8 Comments:

    At 5:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    loser

     
    At 5:28 pm, Blogger Yaacov said...

    You infiltrated this country and have made this beautiful place a terrible place to live and bring up my kids.

    Sure you see yourself as an ordinary Aussie, how convenient for you, but the fact remains that you will forever be expected to justify your loyalty because in your eyes ordinary run of the mill Aussies will never be considered your equal or your brothers and sisters. your religion prohibits this.

    you are forever blaming the media for your misfortunes. have you ever considered that maybe they hound you because your people keep doing stupid things, like burning flags and killing their wives etc.
    you really do need to stop playing the victim card in order to stop being victimised. and piss off back to whence you came!!!!

     
    At 6:45 pm, Blogger Moustapha said...

    Don't make assumptions Yaacov about who I do or don't consider my equal- somebody like you is a total insignificant waste of time.

    My people for your information are Australians, and you are right that "my people" (Australians) have done some terrible things like burn flags, murdering people etc.

    As for pissing off to whence I came, I came from here yaacov, so if you don't like it back your bags- it's obvious where you from, Xenophobia.

     
    At 9:06 am, Blogger Yaacov said...

    actually, reading your blog and your replies are a complete waste of time.

    Your people are Australians??? I wonder moustapha, how many non muslim friends do you have????And i don't mean work colleagues or any passengers that you pick up on the night shift????? How many non muslims do you hang out with say on a weekend night or when the cab is out of order???? Do you hang out with any non muslims or is it just your 284 cousins 15 brothers and 2 sisters and their 76 kids that you spend most your time with????

     
    At 10:01 am, Blogger Moustapha said...

    "actually, reading your blog and your replies are a complete waste of time."

    Well Yaacov I am not forcing you, you are the one coming to my blog my blog isn't coming to you.

    Your people are Australians???

    Yes.

    I wonder moustapha, how many non muslim friends do you have????

    I have at least a dozen close non-Muslim friends. The best man at my wedding was a non-Muslim. See unlike you I don't divide people into Muslim and non-Muslim.

    And i don't mean work colleagues or any passengers that you pick up on the night shift?????

    You really have no idea- fyi I have 15 non-Muslims who I manage at work.

    How many non muslims do you hang out with say on a weekend night or when the cab is out of order????

    You really are pathetic.

    Do you hang out with any non muslims or is it just your 284 cousins 15 brothers and 2 sisters and their 76 kids that you spend most your time with????

    So you have a problem with people spending the majority of time with their family do you

     
    At 12:06 pm, Blogger Yaacov said...

    why must you be so full of hate moustapha? Is that what your holy book teaches you?

     
    At 12:25 pm, Blogger Moustapha said...

    why must you be so full of hate moustapha? Is that what your holy book teaches you?

    Poor deluded Yaacov- I feel so sorry for you.

    So let me get this straight, you jump on a blog, you abuse me, you spread hate and stereotypes- and you say I am full of hate.

    If you think I am so full of hate you need to call the terrorist hotline and report me, quick dial 1800 123 400

     
    At 2:59 am, Anonymous teen girls sex stories said...

    ``Then I guess I better tell my mom I need a lawyer. I tried, honestly I did.
    sex stories of young girls
    sex rape virgin stories
    tied whipped bdsm stories
    bdsm whipping stories
    beastiality hot sex stories
    ``Then I guess I better tell my mom I need a lawyer. I tried, honestly I did.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home